Morbido Fest calls on short film, animation, documentary and feature filmmakers working within the horror, fantasy and science fiction genres to submit their work for it’s ninth edition, which will be held from October 28th through November 02nd, 2016. Morbido accepts short, feature and documentary fantasy, horror and sci-fi films of all productions techniques and budgets produced between 2015 and 2016.
All applicants must fill out the 2016 online entry and authorization form, pay the entry fee and send all the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions and screeners is September 01st, 2016 at 9pm.
In order to be eligible for the 2016 Official Selection, it is imperative that submitted films have not been screened at any other fantasy and horror film festival in Mexico, 44 days previous (September 14th to October 27th, 2016) to the opening of Morbido Fest 2016.
Accepted running times for entries to the festival are:
- Fiction Feature Films: minimum running time 60 minutes
- Documentary Feature Films: minimum running time 45 minutes
- Short films: up to 30 minutes
If accepted all films must be subtitled:
- Subtitles are the responsibility of its’ producers.
- If the film is in Spanish, the films must be subtitled in English.
- In any other language, subtitles must be in Spanish.
If selected for the festival, the submitter authorizes Morbido Fest to file their film in the festival archive, where it may be made available for further screenings or events promoted by the festival itself, solely for cultural and never for commercial purposes.
Morbido Fest will establish screening dates and times for all selected films. Submitting films to Morbido Fest implies full acceptance of the festival’s guidelines. Any situation not included in this call for entries will be considered and resolved by the festival’s management.
All applicants must fill out the 2016 online entry and authorization form.
The inscription fee for each submitted feature film is $12 USD.
The inscription fee for each submitted short film is $6 USD.
Payment of the inscription fee can be made either by PayPal or through the MORBIDO online store: www.kichink.com/stores/morbido. Please make sure to get the payment confirmation.
Online screeners are accepted (via www.filmfreeway.com / www.festhome.com or private videos on YouTube or Vimeo) but any fee generated by any of these services is independent of the inscription fee to the festival.
To enter the selection process all filmmakers must complete or send the following documents and materials:
- Fill out the online Entry and authorization form
- Payment confirmation of inscription fee
- Stills from the film with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI in either JPG, GIF, TIFF or PSD format (3 minimum)
- Vertical Poster of the film with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI in JPG, GIF or TIFF format
- Trailer of the film in high quality QuickTime format or link to downloadable trailer
- Online screener (www.filmfreeway.com / www.festhome.com /private videos on YouTube / Vimeo) or 2 DVD’s or 2 Blu-ray’s (zone 0) in NTSC
All submitted films will be entered into the selection process once the festival has received all the after mentioned documents and materials.
ONLY FOR FEATURE FILMS: Works in progress can be submitted as long as they are accompanied by a letter of intent from the producers where they commit to have a completed and subtitled screening copy of the film in case it is selected to be a part of the Official Selection by October 13th, 2016.
This year the UPCOMING PROJECTS section of the festival will be open to all filmmakers who have feature films that will not be completed by the festivals’ dates. We accept teasers, trailers or a scene from the film (up to 10 minutes). If you are interested to participate in this section please send an email to: email@example.com plus a brief description of the project plus your proposed finishing date. Please include the legend UPCOMING PROJECTS along with the name of the project in the subject of your email.
The applicants must assume shipping costs of submitted films. If you are using courier services, you must specify that the contents of the package are “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE: FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY”. The festival will not cover any taxes or duties generated by any submission.
Deadline for reception of films and all related materials is September 01st, 2016. Postmark dates and shipping invoice for works sent by mail or Courier will be respected.
Digital materials must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please do not forget to fill out the online entry form. All documents and screeners should be sent to the following address:
Mórbido Fest / Tabasco 93 – A / Col. Roma C.P. 06700 / CDMX / México.
III SELECTED WORKS
Upon acceptance of a film to the official selection the film must be subtitled:
- Subtitles are the responsibility of its’ producers
- If the film is in Spanish, the films must be subtitled in English
- In any other language, subtitles must be in Spanish
Once a film has been included in the Official Selection, the applicant will have 6 working days to send any missing materials and to confirm all information included in the entry form.
The film information submitted in the online entry form will be the same information to be included in the print catalogue and the festival’s website. Any information or revisions sent after September 19th, 2016 will not be taken into account.
MORBIDO will acknowledge whoever signed the entry form as the sole representative of the selected film. This individual will be responsible regarding all aspects of the films’ participation in the festival. Confirmation from the film’s representative signifies the full acceptance of the festival’s guidelines, with no exceptions.
Screening copies of the films in the Official Selection must adhere to the technical requirements of each section of the festival.
Screening formats in the Official Selection are DCP, Blu-Ray, QuickTime H264 and DVD.
The festival’s management reserves the right to decline screening copies of a film that are deemed of insufficient technical quality for their presentation.
All representatives of films selected to the Official Selection must deliver no later than October 01st, 2016:
- A subtitled (in English or Spanish depending on the original language)
- A screening copy of the film in any of the previously mentioned formats
- An additional back up copy of the film on Blu Ray with subtitles (in English or Spanish depending on the film’s original language)
- Vertical Poster
- Teaser or trailer in HD in QT or MPEG format
All promotional materials (stills, posters and trailers) are essential for the timely promotion and publicity of selected films. These materials can and will be reproduced by Morbido publications & website as well as pay TV and press. We invite you to deliver these materials in a timely fashion. Help us promote your work.
Full details of ticketing arrangements and support offered will be included in notification of acceptance into the festival.
This year prizes will be awarded in two different categories:
- Films from Latin American
- Films from the Rest of the World
In each category Morbido Fest will award the following prizes:
- Gold Skull: Audience award for feature films
- Blood Skull: Directors’ award for feature films
- Wood Skull: Press award for feature films
- Bronze Skull: Special Mentions for feature films
- Little Gold Skull: Morbido award for short films
- Little Silver Skull: Morbido award for animated short films
- Little Bronze Skull: Honorable Mention for short films
The festival reserves the right to award Honorable Mentions to those feature and short films that merit distinction.
We do not doubt that you have carefully read the 2016 Morbido Fest call for entries but for all those who got distracted we repeat all the necessary elements for a successful submission:
1) Fill out the online Entry and authorization form
2) Payment confirmation of inscription fee
3) Stills from the film with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI in either JPG, GIF, TIFF or PSD format (3 minimum)
4) Vertical Poster of the film with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI in JPG, GIF or TIFF format
5) Trailer of the film in high quality QuickTime format or link to downloadable trailer
Deadline for reception of films and all related materials is September 01st,2016.
In case of any doubts, questions or need for further clarification, please write to: email@example.com