This year Morbido Fest is celebrating it’s 11th edition. We call on short film, animation, documentary and feature filmmakers working within the horror, fantasy and science fiction genres to submit their work to our eleventh edition, which will be held from October 31st through November 10th, 2018 in Mexico City.
Morbido accepts films of all productions techniques and budgets produced between 2017 and 2018.
Accepted running times for entries to the festival are:
- Fiction Feature Films: minimum running time 60 minutes
- Documentary Feature Films: minimum running time 45 minutes
- Short films: up to 30 minutes
In order to be eligible for the 2018 Official Selection, it is imperative that submitted feature films have not been screened at any other fantasy and horror film festival in Mexico. We are looking for Mexican, Latin American and World Premiers.
In the case of short films, these have no restrictions if they have been exhibited at other fantasy and horror film festivals in Mexico. Nevertheless, our selection team will be keen to select short films that have not been screened at other fantasy and horror film festival in Mexico. We are looking for Mexican, Latin American and World Premiers.
To enter the selection process all filmmakers must complete or send the following documents and materials:
- Fill out the online Entry and authorization form
- Payment confirmation of inscription fee
- Stills from the film (3) at 300 DPI in either JPG, TIFF or PSD format
- Vertical Poster of the film with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI in JPG or TIFF format
- Trailer/ Teaser of the film in HD QuickTime/MPEG format & link to downloadable trailer
- Links to all available social media of the film
- Online screener (Festhome / FilmFreeway / private videos on Vimeo) or 2 DVD’s or 2 Blu-ray’s (zone 0) in NTSC
All applicants must fill out the 2018 online entry and authorization form.
Payment of the inscription fee can be made either by PayPal or through the Morbido online store. Please make sure to send us the payment confirmation.
The inscription fee for each submitted feature film is $24 USD.
The inscription fee for each submitted short film is $12 USD.
All submitted films will be entered into the selection process once the festival has received all the after mentioned documents and materials. Two or more members of the selection team view submitted films. All programming selections are at the discretion of the festival director, whose decision is final.
Upon acceptance of a film to the official selection the film must be subtitled:
- Subtitles are the responsibility of its’ producers
- If the film is in Spanish, the films must be subtitled in English
- In any other language, subtitles must be in Spanish
Once a film has been included in the Official Selection, the applicant will have 6 working days to send any missing materials and to confirm all information included in the entry form.
The film information submitted in the online entry form will be the same information to be included in the print catalogue and the festival’s website. Any information or revisions sent after September 19th, 2018 will not be taken into account.
Morbido will acknowledge whoever signed the entry form as the sole representative of the selected film. This individual will be responsible regarding all aspects of the films’ participation in the festival. Confirmation from the film’s representative signifies the full acceptance of the festival’s guidelines, with no exceptions.
Screening formats in the Official Selection are DCP, Blu-Ray and QuickTime H264.
Morbido Fest will establish screening dates and times for all selected films. Submitting films to Morbido Fest implies full acceptance of the festival’s guidelines. Any situation not included in this call for entries will be considered and resolved by the festival’s management.
Films in our main programme can screen up to three times with others twice. Films may be screened privately to accredited guests. Films may also be included in other public programmes, subject to the submitter’s permission.
All promotional materials (stills, posters, trailers & social media) are essential for the timely promotion and publicity of selected films. These materials can and will be reproduced by Morbido publications & website as well as pay TV and press in all platforms. We invite you to deliver these materials in a timely fashion. Help us promote your work.
DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS FOR SELECTED FILMS
The festival’s management reserves the right to decline screening copies of a film that are deemed of insufficient technical quality for their presentation.
The screening copies of the selected films should be sent to the following address:
Mórbido Fest / Tabasco 93 – A / Col. Roma / C.P. 06700 / CDMX / México.
All representatives of films selected to the Official Selection must deliver no later than October 01st, 2017:
- A subtitled (in English or Spanish depending on the original language) screening copy of the film in any of the previously mentioned formats
- An additional back up copy of the film on Blu Ray with subtitles (in English or Spanish depending on the film’s original language)
- Vertical Poster
- Downloadable Teaser or trailer in HD in QT or MPEG format
ATTENDING THE FESTIVAL
Morbido encourages all selected filmmakers to attend the festival. Full details of ticketing arrangements and support offered will be included in any notification of acceptance into the festival.
This year prizes will be awarded in two different categories:
- Films from Latin American
- Films from the Rest of the World
In each category Morbido Fest will award the following prizes:
- Gold Skull: Audience award for feature films
- Blood Skull: Directors’ award for feature films
- Wood Skull: Press award for feature films
- Bronze Skull: Special Mentions for feature films
- Little Gold Skull: Morbido award for short films
- Little Silver Skull: Morbido award for animated short films
- Little Bronze Skull: Honorable Mention for short films
The festival reserves the right to award Honorable Mentions to those feature and short films that merit distinction.
Once again Mórbido Fest and Cinépolis will award a distribution prize to a latin american film.
Mórbido / Cinépolis Prize : Distribution in mexican cinemas for latin american feature films. In order to be eligible to this prize, films must be mexican premiers.
In order to kick-start the commercial prospects of the festival’s Latin American world premiere selections, Morbido Fest will offer interested sales agents and distributors a 24 hour window to consider the film and make an offer for distribution .
This window will start at the exact same time as the world premier in the festival. The purpose of this initiative is to to create a focus on Latin American genre cinema and give them a chance to get better sales and exposure.
Deadline for reception of films and all related materials is September 01st, 2018.
Please do not forget to fill out the online entry form and deliver your promotional material.
Documents and digital materials must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All physical materials should be sent to the following address:
Morbido Fest / Tabasco 93 – A / Col. Roma / C.P. 06700 / CDMX / México.
If you are using courier services, you must specify that the contents of the package are :
“NO COMMERCIAL VALUE: FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY”.
The festival will not cover any taxes or duties generated by any submission.
In case of any doubts, questions or need for further clarification, please write to: email@example.com