CALL FOR ENTRIES 2013
MORBIDO International Film Festival calls on short film, animation, documentary, and feature filmmakers working within the horror, fantasy and science fiction genre to submit their work for its sixth edition.
I GUIDELINES & GENERAL RULES
The sixth edition of MORBIDO International Fantasy Film Festival will be held from November 13th to the 17th, 2013 in Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, Mexico.
In order to be eligible for the 2013 Official Selection, it is imperative that submitted films have not been screened at any other fantasy and horror film festival in Mexico, 66 days previous (September 8th to November 12th, 2013) to the opening of MORBIDO International Horror and Fantasy Film Festival 2013.
All submitted films will be eligible to participate in the Official Selection and to compete for the prizes in each section of the festival. A selection committee, whose decisions will be final, chooses films in the Official Selection.
All selected films may be included in national and international screenings organized by MORBIDO International Film Festival in 2013 and 2014.
All submitted films must be subtitled:
– If the film is in Spanish, the films must be subtitled in English
– In any other language, subtitles must be in Spanish
– Subtitles of each film are the responsibility of its’ producers
Applicants must fill out the entry and authorization form, which can be downloaded at this link and send all the required documents to [email protected]. The deadline for submissions and screeners is August 13th, 2013 at 9pm.
A list of selected films to be included in the 2013 Official Selection will be announced in our website on September 13th, 2013. Films that do not meet the criteria established by this call for entries will be excluded from the competition.
All DVDs of selected works become property of the Festival for archival purposes. These materials will not be used for profit.
MORBIDO International Film Festival will establish screening dates and times for all selected films.
Once selected, films cannot be withdrawn under any circumstance. Submitting films to MORBIDO International Film Festival implies full acceptance of the festival’s guidelines.
The inscription fee for each submitted feature film is $10 USD. The inscription fee for each submitted short film is $4 USD.
Payment of the inscription fee can be made either by PayPal or through the MORBIDO online store: www.kichink.com/stores/morbido
All submitted films would be entered into the selection process once the festival has received all required documents, screeners and payment confirmation of the inscription fee.
Running times for the different sections of the festival are:
– Fiction Feature Films: minimum running time 60 minutes
– Documentary Feature Films: minimum running time 45 minutes
– Short films: up to 30 minutes
To enter the selection process all filmmakers must send the following documents and materials:
– 2 DVD’s or 1 Blu-ray (zone 0) in NTSC format.
– Online screeners are accepted (private videos on YouTube, Vimeo, or via movibeta
– Press kit that includes the following materials:
* Stills from the film with a minimum resolution of 350 DPI in either JPG, GIF, TIFF or PSD format (5 minimum)
* Poster of the film with a minimum resolution of 350 DPI in JPG, GIF or TIFF format
* Trailer of the film in high quality QuickTime format
* List of principal cast and crew
– Entry form and signed authorizations
– Payment confirmation of inscription fee
ONLY FOR FEATURE FILMS: Works in progress can be submitted as long as they are accompanied by a letter of intent from the producers where they commit to have a completed and subtitled screening copy of the film in case it is selected to be a part of the Official Selection by November 1st, 2013.
The applicants must assume shipping costs of submitted films. If you are using courier services, you must specify that the contents of the package has “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE: FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY”. The festival will not cover any taxes or duties generated by any submission.
Deadline for reception of films and all related materials is August 13th, 2013. Postmark dates and shipping invoice for works sent by mail or courier will be respected
Digital materials must be sent to: [email protected] whereas all documents and screeners should be sent to the following address:
Morbido, International Film Festival
Tabasco 93 – A
Col. Roma C.P. 06700
III SELECTED WORKS
Once a film has been included in the Official Selection, the applicant will have 10 working days to send any missing materials and to confirm all information included in the entry form.
The film information submitted in the entry form will be the same information to be included in the catalogue.
Any information or revisions sent after September 23rd, 2013 will not be taken into account.
MORBIDO will acknowledge whoever signed the entry form as the sole representative of the selected film. This individual will be responsible regarding all aspects of the films’ participation in the festival.
Confirmation from the film’s representative signifies the full acceptance of all of the festival’s guidelines, with no exceptions.
Screening copies of the films in the Official Selection must adhere to the technical requirements of each section of the festival.
Screening formats in the Official Selection are 35mm, Blu-Ray, DVD and QuickTime H264.
The festival’s management reserves the right to decline screening copies of a film that are deemed of insufficient technical quality for their presentation to audiences.
All representatives of films selected to the Official Selection must deliver no later than October 16th, 2013:
– A subtitled (in English or Spanish depending on the original language) screening copy of the film in any of the previously mentioned formats
– An additional copy of the film on DVD NTSC with subtitles (in English or Spanish depending on the film’s original language)
– Any situation not included in this call for entries will be considered and resolved by the festival’s management.
MORBIDO International Film Festival 2013 will award the following prizes:
– Golden Skull: Audience award for feature films
– Blood Skull: Directors’ award for feature films
– Little Golden Skull: Morbido award for short films
– Little Silver Skull: Audience award for short films
– Little Silver Skull: Audience.com award for short films
The festival reserves the right to award Honorable Mentions to those feature and short films that merit distinction.
In case of any doubts or if in need of further clarification, please write to: [email protected]